Friday, 12 August 2016

Mfumue

This becomes too groovy for words about 1 minute in

I've found a recording of Mfumue. This was sung at my Ordination by the choir (African) of my parish where I was on placement. The Parish is St Nicholas of Tolentino in Bristol.


It has been in the back of my mind for ages, and you know how these things are, you sort of remember then and you sort of don't. SO I was re-arranging the Chavagnes song book for the Chartres Pilgrimage next year, and decided that the tune is so cracking that I had to do something with it. So I did... made up some Latin lyrics (with the grammatical help of Fr Redman), and it will sound very very spiffy.


Just one thing... I didn't quite remember the tune correctly, and so I have completely eliminated one whole line. So if anyone on the Chartres pilgrimage hears a truncated version of Mfumue sung in Latin by a bunch of Scouts, I plead guilty now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...