Sunday, 31 July 2016

Will I never grow up?


It is only when you have hoovered the floor three times, had four cups of coffee, looked up the classic song “Wor Nanny’s a Mazer” and tried to learn the words, that you realise that you have other more pressing things to do, which have not yet been done.


I speak of course of the Chavagnes Symposium (link here), happening this week coming and at which I am giving a paper entitled “Our Lady the New Ark of the Covenant”.


And no, it is not yet finished. But so close, so very close, just a concluding paragraph to write.

It is sad that still, even in my lengthening years, I put things off until the last minute, waiting for the rush of adrenaline when I could have had it all done ages ago. Will I never learn? Am I destined to repeat this young man’s folly over and over again?


It seems so, as I am writing this blog post instead of my final remarks. Ho hum…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...