Tuesday, 8 December 2015

The First since the Reformation?


I wonder if the Mass I celebrate tonight at 6pm in honour of the Immaculate Concpetion of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Normal Chapel of University College Durham (Castle) is the first of its type since the (soi-disant) Reformation?

I know that there have been other Catholic Masses said here, but I suspect only since Our Lady forcibly closed the II Vatican Council today, 50 years ago.


I cannot imaging that either side would have welcomed some Catholic Priest wandering along and offering Mass pre-last Council. And since then, while I know that OF Mass has been offered, I wonder if the Old Rite has been said her, or if this is the first.

If anyone knows, then let me know: achaplainabroad@hotmail.fr


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...