|Mr Ambassador, you're spoiling us|
It is widely thought that Pope Francis is more tolerant of homosexuality than previous popes after remarking "who am I to judge?" in 2013.
His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, signed a document in 2005 that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests.
But Pope Francis has said gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.
However, he suffered a setback in 2014 after the Catholic Church synod abandoned plans for wider acceptance of gay people.
|The new serving staff will be quite a change!|
- Pope Francis' off the cuff statement is taken to be official doctrine.
- The Church's position on homosexuality was thus different.
- Pope Benedict was bad and he was anti-gay.
- Pope Francis is good, and forgives gay clergymen.
- The Synod was going to change Church teaching.
We can bang on about many things, but this is what the world is saying is true. And, yes, the BBC has a certain slant, but many, many people read it and get their information from it - me included.
This is what we are battling against.