Thursday, 24 July 2014

The Newly Confirmed

I thought that when I was a chaplain to a school, that I would not have much experience of the normal things of a priest's life, baptism, funerals, anointing etc. But it turned out not to be the case. Of course I did not do many of these things. I sang a Requiem Mass for the grandfather of one of the boys in College and regularly anointed the sick husband of one of our teachers.

The one to be baptised and his Godfather
And here I baptised one of our pupils, Philip. Needless to say he had not been baptised before! He has been in the school for a while, and had come to know the faith through the other boys, daily Mass, and, well, just being around. He made the decision with the support of his family.



He was baptised in the Old Rite, and as such there are a great number of exorcisms. Which is a good thing.


I drenched him, just so that he knew he was well and truly baptised.


After the baptism, we went to our College Chapel, where I said a traditional Mass and Philip and his Godfather served. How wonderful to receive Holy Communion for the first time serving at the altar of God!


He it was that the Bishop confirmed.



All photos to be found on Chavagnes facebook page, and rights to M. de Soos and Mr Leach.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...