Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Round up


With a little time on my hands, before I start my take over of the world (a priest has to have plans), I am doing a round up of stuff that I have missed out on over the last six or seven months since my last posts on this blog.

It is mainly second hand things, but I have found a few pictures on my phone that I had intended to share but never got round to.

It is all jumbled up but never mind. It is cathartic for me anyway...

A motley crew of mathematicians

One of the things I am going to miss is teaching Mathematics. It is not something that I ever thought that I would end up doing, but there you go. There is something very satisfying about a quadratic equation. I've said it before and I'll say it again that life is like struggling to factorise - knowing that it will go but just not being able to quite get the answer.

There is something wonderful about putting all the pieces together and using one theorem to spark off another. I'm not sure that my boys always understood it that way!

A merry Christmas work out the volume of snowman game.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...