Wednesday, 23 July 2014

End of Term Mass

In Chavagnes the end of term Mass is always a splendid affair. Last year we have Mozart's coronation Mass sung, see here. On that occasion the Bishop was not present. He had come earlier to confer Confirmations. (see here, and here, and here, and here, and here). But this year it had the triple effect of being the end of term Mass, the Mass of confirmation with the Bishop and my final Mass with the boys. It was extraordinarily moving.


The Lord Bishop of Lucon was, of course, in attendance, together with four concelebrating priests and myself acting as Deacon. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mgr Castet is a pleasure to have on the altar.


I think that this picture above is quite magnificent, so much so that I have used it for my new header picture.


This is quite a line up, choir, and servers, with vimps and Mgr.


Of course the centre of the Mass, as well as Our Lord and Saviour, and the young boy who was confirmed, Philip.

All photos to be found on Chavagnes facebook page, and rights to M. de Soos.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...