Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Les Sables d'Olonne


Mgr Castet, the Bishop of Lucon, has asked me to celebrate the Extraordinary Form of Holy Mass at Sables d'Olonne, a little sea-side town not far from Chavagnes. The Bishop responded to a request from Christ's Lay Faithful and arranged that Holy Mass be offered. I know, I know... I was completely gobsmacked at such obvious obedience to the Holy See as well.


They asked and he facilitated it.


Just think what would happen if other Bishops blatantly followed the will of the Church. Sky would probably fall in or something.


Anyway, I preached about the essential need for individual, integral Confession. I have to come clean and say that I have preached the same homily before... but if something is good, why improve on it?


I'm now waiting for the backlash. Last time I preached this homily I was publicly, verbally attacked at my Chrism Mass by a nutty Priest who accused me of being rigid and un-Vatican II! Heaven preserve us! He pursued me for ages. I suppose nurse has taken him off again. It's no surprise that the laity don't go to Confession when they have been "instructed" so terribly by foolish Priests. And don't get me on the subject of the abusive lies peddled about general absolution...

Pah...

... and grrrrrr.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...