Wednesday, 7 December 2011

The Boy Bishop of Chavagnes

Boy Bishop ceremony

I should, of course have posted about this before it took place, and then have done a follow up. And that would have been very sensible, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You can see our Headmaster's musings on the choice of the boy bishop here, and in the next few days, Ill try to gather photos together etc. But as I was Master of Ceremonies, I could not take any!

It took ages not only to get all the people together (13 servers all together) and look up the rubrics (it is not every day that I get to MC Pontifical Vespers at the throne) or dragoon the boys into behaving ("an Acolyte Candlestick is not for that - Gustan!") but all the paraphernalia had to be gathered together.

Mrs McDermott always takes care of the Bishop's finery, so it just falls to me to get together such trumpery as the bugia. I'll shop you what we did later...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...