Saturday, 5 November 2011

Spiritual Communion


I am putting together a book for the School with Mass texts and prayers. I came to the Spiritual Communion.

A Spiritual Communion is just such a powerful movement of the soul. It gives entering a Church a very specific purpose. We tell people not to just go past the House of God, but to enter and say a prayer. But what prayer? What do you say? I myself have lit a candle, remembered those in need, those who have died... and that is good and holy, but the focus and attention of a Spiritual Communion gives a force to our aching, yearning desire for our sweet and adorable Lord in the Tabernacle.


My Jesus, I firmly believe that You are present in the Blessed Sacrament. 
I love You above all things, and I long for You in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, 
come at least spiritually into my heart. 
As though You have already come, 
I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You; 
never permit me to be separated from You.


If these words pierce, suffuse, drench our minds with the need for God, with the love we have for Him, then we will fly to Him, and drop on our knees to be in His presence, to gaze at Him, to throw our surging heart to Him.


Adorable Jésus, 
je crois fermement que Vous êtes réellement présent au Saint-Sacrement : 
je Vous aime par-dessus toutes choses, 
et je Vous désire de toute mon âme.
Puisque je ne puis maintenant Vous recevoir sacramentellement, 
venez au moins spirituellement dans mon cœur. 
Je m’unis à Vous comme si Vous y étiez déjà venu en effet,  
et je me livre tout à Vous. 
De Votre côte ne permettez pas que je me sépare jamais de vous.


And if we cannot receive Him? Then what force, what a pledge of ardent commitment we make to our King and Lord.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...