Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Meeting the Bishop and the Dash Q400

My jet set life style continues as I have just come back from France. This time not to walk 75 miles in three days, but the rather more sedate meeting with the Bishop of Luçon, Mgr Alain Castet. 
I’ll post about that in the next few days. But now I just want to say a word about this aeroplane

This is the aeroplane I flew on to Nantes Atlantique Airport. I suppose that I am now of an age and a generation who consider aeroplanes to be large beasts with turbo boosters or some such things on the wings. I am not used to seeing propellers. It is a Bombardier Dash Q400 and seats 78 people. And I don’t know if I mentioned it, but it has propellers. There is a website dedicated to it. But I don’t think it covers the whole excitement of getting into an aeroplane which looks like an aeroplane.

Usually by the time you are sitting down in your seat you have walked through shagpile carpet along hushed corridors, and then without realising it you’re on a plane. Not with the Dash Q400. This a real plane.

I know nothing about aeroplanes, but I know what I like, and I like the Dash Q400.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...