Sunday, 5 June 2011

The Announcement is Made

Well, I have now told my parish that I am off to Chavagnes, though because it is the end of half term, and the weather was so unutterably ghastly we were not exactly bursting at the seams today. But word of mouth will spread it like wild fire.

I don’t really know what I thought was going to happen, but people were very kind and happy for me. I think that enthusiasm is infectious. Also having been here for five years, people were expecting it. Well, if not expecting it, then they were not that surprised that I was off.

Where I was off to was a bit more of a shock. Some thought that I was going to France to avoid the Parish Bazaar (December 3rd 2011, 10am-1pm: St George’s Parish Hall) – but that would be a little extreme!

So now a combination of packing and getting ready for Chartres. But since we leave on Friday at 4am from Warminster I think it will be Chartres preparation, then packing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...